This post is part of Reverb10, a project that provides daily prompts in the month of December to help you reflect on the past year and set your intentions for the year ahead.
What are 11 things your life doesn’t need in 2011? How will you go about eliminating them? How will getting rid of these 11 things change your life? (from Sam Davidson)
1. Elephant sausage. I gotta stop eating this stuff. The stress of living with the picketers in the front lawn is becoming unbearable.
2. Daily blow-outs at the salon. I MUST learn to straighten my own hair. This is on my list every year, but this year, I mean it.
3. The flask I keep in my desk. Sure, it’s reassuring to have it there, and who am I kidding – it’s kept me from losing my shit at work a number of times. Actually, now that I think about it – the desk flask stays.
4. Men. Am I right?! Girl power, baby!
5. My handgun collection. They are just taking up space — declutter your space, declutter your life, right?? I’ll donate them to the local shelter. It feels so good to give!
6. Elephant bacon. The stuff is really fattening.
7. Facebook. Such a time waster!
8. Newspaper subscription. I can get the same info online, and honestly, news is bad for my mental health. That’s what my yoga teacher says, anyway.
9. Casual sex. Shrink says it’s bad for my marriage. Husband agrees.
10. Making lists for my blog. I know they’re popular, but they make me feel so cheap.
11. Elephant burgers. They make my pet elephant cry.
How about you? What will you give up in 2011? Spill.